Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 3 Clean & Simple

Ok, let me first start out by saying that PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT and apparently I need to practice more! lol, Today's lesson was Offset stamping using a Gradient technique. Jennifer made it look so stinking easy but let me tell you its not!!!!! I think I "captured" the essence of what she was trying to share with us today. BTW, the bow die that she uses from My Favorite Things is awesome, My bow........NOT SO MUCH!!!!!

Here is an example of what should be Gradient stamping
 
Products Used:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stampin Up Ink - Primrose Petals
Stampin Up Ink - Summer Starfruit
Stampin Up Grossgrain ribbon
Technique Tuesday Stamp - Bright Idea
Hero Arts (Studio Calico) Stamp - My Happy
 
 
We all know how much I LOVE KRISTINA!!! Well if you didn't now you know. I love her technique and her style of instruction. One would say I'm a fairly intelligent individual however I felt all shades of illiterate when trying to stamp this card. As simple as it looks it took me 3 takes! The more I stamped the worse it got, So I just STOPPED! lol and this is what I was left with.


An example of Offset stamping at its worst! hahaha
(never mind the background clutter)
 

Products used:
Georgia Pacific White Cardstock (I was tired of wasting my Neenah)
Hero Arts (Studio Calico) Stamp - My Happy
Hero Arts (Studio Calico) Stamp - Heyday Sentiments
Stampin Up Ink - Primrose Petals
Stampin Up Ink  - Pretty in Pink
Stampin Up Ink - Rich Razzleberry
Stampin Up Ink - Pumpkin Pie
Stampin Up Ink  - Daffodil Delight
Stampin Up Ink - Raspberry Ripple
Stampin Up Ink  - Old Olive
 
So on to the next day and after all is said and done I will revisit these lessons and master them if its the last thing I do!!!
 
See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are so fun, I love chevrons and your brilliant use of them is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angel I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  2. I like your color combos and the first card is very nice! Just have fun & learn along the way like the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ive only been papercrafting since August so I can be a little critical of myself. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words!

      Delete