Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 1 of Clean & Simple

A Blog?? I'm no blogger! At least until now!!!!

Since Ive started paper crafting back in August 2013 (yes, only 5 short months ago) I have fallen in love with all things paper. It started with my now 16 month old daughters birthday party that I insisted on doing everything myself for. That included making the invitations, that I have developed this obsession with making cards. I have spent endless hours on YouTube stalking those that have mastered this thing called Card making and during my steak-out I happened to come across a young lady by the name of Kristina Werner. That was for me! I literally watched her videos for hours on end daily in complete awe of her creativity. Since stumbling upon Kristina I have wanted to take one of her Online Card Classes but didn't get to partake until the Holiday Gifts Projects Bundle which I thought was awesome (I didn't get to make the Flashcard set that I wanted to because Ive been obsessing with Copic Markers but yet to take the plunge in buying any) So I couldn't wait until the next class was offered. My wish was granted in December when a new class for Clean & Simple 2 was announced. I immediately signed up......

Today is day one of that class that runs for 2 weeks and already I am in LOVE!!! There are three instructors including Kristina which include Julie Ebersol and Jennifer McGuire. These ladies are AWESOME at its best!!!!!

OK, enough of the girl crushing, here is the card that I made today.
The technique I learned today was misting. As you can see here mine is a little splotchy but I think it gives the card some character :-). There are a couple other techniques that Id like to try from today's lesson but time will only permit so much crafting in a single day and I have reached my limit. Its time to turn on Jillian Michael's and squat my night away!

Hope you like!!!!


 
Products used :
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Mister Huey's Elongated Hexagons Mask
Mister Huey's Color Mist - Lucille
EK Success Circle Scissor
Inkadinkado Stamp set - Expressions
Stampin Up Midnight Muse Ink
Stampin Up Grossgrain Ribbon

2 comments: