Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 2 Clean & Simple

Day 2

The next two weeks are going to be late nights and no exercise. I've been skipping my nightly workout to craft....Eek!!! But who can complain with the great instruction and inspiration that this class provides. I'll work out in the morning......I think! :-)

So here is a card that was part of Day 1's lesson that I just had to create today. Its so plain and simple yet so cute that I want to pinch myself.

The lesson was craftsmanship. Making sure you take pride in your work to get clean elegant edges and clean crisp stamping while prevent cracking in the paper and smudges of ink from fingers. I think I did pretty darn good! Whatcha think????


Products used:
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Recollections Red Card Stock
Hero Arts Woodgrain Background Stamp
Simon Says Stamp Plenty of Hearts Stamp and Die
Simon Says Stamp Loving Words Stamp
Doodlebug Dear Heart Washi Tape
Provo Craft Terrifically Tacky Tape
WOW Glitter - Gold




So on to today's lesson.... Single layer cards. I dont think Ive ever made a single layered card but boy when I say it was easy peasy it was EASY PEASY! What took the most time is the mask. Something that was also my first and I think its my new fav!!!!! Although the colors didn't come out as I imagined (the hearts are pink and the words red) the inks were very close in color. However the technique worked and I was ecstatic with the outcome.
 
 
 
Products Used:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Eclipse Printing Adhesive Sheets
Simon Says Stamp YOU stamp set
Memento Dye Ink - Love Letter
Stampin Up - Primrose Petals
Parker Lower Alphabet Set Craft Die
Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Set
Stampabilities Faded Text Background stamp
Ranger Glossy Accents
 
 
 
Thanks For Stopping By!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment