Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 5 Clean & Simple

Friday, FUNDAY!!!!!

I couldn't wait for today to get here and the work day to be over! Today was a go wild day. No work tomorrow, don't have to get up early so I can spend the night crafting, and that's what I did. 3 cards for the class finished. a birthday card in the works and a sketch for a card challenge is in the books. I can say today was pretty productive day. Now as for these cards.........I'll let you be the judge of that!

First card up is a complete replica of the card that Kristina Werner made in our class. I tweaked it a little with my supplies but for the most part its identical. Reason being is I NEEDED to master this as she did. I loved this card so much I had to recreate it myself. It was fun too. First time I colored with markers and although I have yet to splurge into the Copic world my memento and Stampin Up markers did the trick!

This card is from the lesson "One Stamp, Three Ways" Only I used this particular stamp once. The awesomeness about this card is the stamp is sideways :-) I KNOW...... awesome right!!!

Products Used:
Neenah Dessert Storm Kraft Cardstock
Hero Arts Clings Stamp - Tall Flowers
Memento Dye Ink - Rich Cocoa
Memento Dye Ink  -  Rhubarb Stalk
Stampin Up Markers - Brights Collection
Memento Dual Tip Markers - Arizone Canyons
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Ranger - Enamel Accents - Black
Ranger Stickles - Diamond
 
 
Below, you will find that I used one stamp two different ways or maybe three if you count the background on the card to the left. I had fun with this too creating a background with the stamp first then cutting it down to size, then popping up one of those hearts on foam dots. The second card I tried my best at emboss resist (I think that's what its called), where I embossed the heart and then fussy cut it out and then inked it with Tim Holtz distress inks. I popped it up on foam dots and then I added a heart border and some patterned paper. I finished both cards off with one of my favorite embellishments and that some Twine!!!!
 
Hope you like!!
 
Products Used (Left)
Stampin Up Cardstock - Primrose Petals
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stampin Up Stamp- You are Loved
Maya Road Twine
Stampin Up Ink - Old Olive
Memento Ink - Angel Pink
Memento Ink - Love Story
(Right)
Neenah Dessert Storm Kraft Cardstock
American Crafts Bakers Twine
The Paper Company Cardstock- Cool Metallic Cover Polar Ice
The Paper Company Cardstock - Purple Shimmer
Fiskar Border Punch - Hearts
ColorBox Archival Ink - Deep Grape
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Concord Grape
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick
Carta Bella6x6 paper pad - Devoted
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the way you shaded your stems, they look like twine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks angel. I tried to find you on IG but couldn't. If you don't mind I'd like to follow you. My iG is Alovecrafts

      Delete
  2. Really lovely cards, Aisha! I love your colouring on the first card. :-) I have yet to do my homework from day 5, maybe tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete